We see an incredible opportunity to drive positive change in the lives of our stakeholders. Whether it is serving customers’ needs, or nurturing the dreams of our people, or contributing to a greener planet, or strengthening the communities we call home … we rise for good in everything we do. By making every aspect of our business sustainable, we reaffirm our commitment to creating a better world.
We rise against climate change by committing to the Science-Based Targets initiative, which provides companies with a clear pathway for reducing emissions in line with the Paris Agreement’s goal of limiting global warming to well below 2°C above pre-industrial levels. Bristlecone commits to reducing absolute scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions 38% by 2032 from a 2017 base year. Bristlecone also commits to reducing absolute scope 3 GHG emissions 20% by 2032 from a 2017 base year. Carbon inventory for years 2018 to 2022 are as follows:
For us, sustainability means not only the conservation of the environment, but also the well-being of our stakeholders, communities and the world at large. It is an integral part of our business and a defining driver on our road to growth, profitability and long-term success.
Bristlecone is proud to be the first company in the Mahindra Group to achieve carbon neutrality. For FY22, our headquarters in San Jose, California, and our offices in India were certified carbon neutral per PAS 2060:2014 specifications and carbon footprint verification under ISO 14064:2018 guidelines. This certification reflects our commitment to sustainability and the environment.
We recognize the impact of our business operations on the three key pillars of sustainability – people, planet, profit – and we are committed to following and promoting sustainable business practices across all three pillars. We aim to do that by co-creating sustainable value for our business and stakeholders while serving as wise stewards of our natural resources.
Sustainability is a company-wide effort at Bristlecone.
People: Enabling Stakeholders to Rise
- Build a great place to work and become the best employer.
- Foster an environment of inclusion and comprehensive development.
- Create sustainability awareness among employees, customers, investors and communities.
- Nurture a climate of social responsibility and community volunteerism.
Planet: Protecting the Environment
- Monitor and review our use of natural resources, as applicable, to enable continuous improvement in limiting our consumption.
- Reduce carbon emissions by using collaboration tools in lieu of travel, as possible, and encouraging carpooling and public transportation.
- Explore and implement measures to mitigate the impact of our operations on climate change.
Profit: Building Enduring Businesses
- Co-create sustainable business value for our customers, investors and other stakeholders.
- Leverage our intellectual capital and proprietary solutions to ensure our clients’ supply chains are built to deliver sustainable value.
- Reduce and mitigate risk by adhering to ethical business practices, making informed decisions and investing wisely in our operations.
- Tap into industry best practices to help achieve the sustainability goals of our stakeholders.
This policy is reviewed periodically to ensure its continued relevance to our operations and evolving expectations of our stakeholders.